The Brighthouse remote will also program in three ways as universal remote programming. However, a single method is enough to set up the remote control on your TV. But if the remote doesn’t connect with the device after you program it multiple times, then you can choose an alternative method to program the remote. The Brighthouse remote connects with the only help of a valid code assigned for the device brand. The code recognizes the device and enables the operating settings in the remote when the remote programs correctly.
What Are The Brighthouse Remote Codes
The Brighthouse remote assigns several codes for the remote to recognize the device. The code’s digit varies based on the device’s brand. You must enter the code on the remote or allow the remote to search for the correct one during the remote program. If a code doesn’t work to set up the remote, you can choose the following code until the remote connects with the device. I will tell on how to recognize the device as a valid code when programming the remote.
5 Digit BrightHouse Universal Remote Codes
How To Program A Brighthouse Remote
There are two ways available to program a Brighthouse remote, which I will discuss below. A single method is enough to program a remote, but you can use another method when the first method doesn’t work for your remote.
Manual method to program the Brighthouse remote:
You will need to enter a 3-digit code in this method while programming your remote control for your TV or any other devices you want to connect with the remote. Note down the code on paper before programming the remote and try all the codes until the remote gets a valid code. Follow the programming guidelines mentioned below.
- “Turn on” your TV you want to the Brighthouse remote.
- Insert two AA alkaline batteries into the remote’s battery compartment.
- Press the “TV” and “OK/SEL” buttons simultaneously until the “TV” button lights up. You must enter the code within 30 seconds when the remote comes to the learning mode (Programming mode).
- Now, enter the code on the remote using the number keys. If the TV brand has one more code, try them until the TV turns off.
- Now press the “POWER” button on the remote to turn back on the TV and test the buttons, such as volume, mute, channel navigation, etc. If the device responds as expected, move to the next step. If the device doesn’t work, repeat the exact programming instructions from step 3.
- Finally, press the “TV” button on the remote to save the code in the remote. The TV’s light blinks twice to confirm the code and indicates the remote has been ready to use.
Auto-search method to program the Brighthouse remote:
If the Brighthouse remote didn’t assign codes for your device, you could use this auto-search method. In this method, you don’t need to enter a code; the remote will find a valid code to control the device. Follow the program instructions to program the remote in the auto-code search method.
- “Turn on” your TV and insert new batteries into the remote.
- Point the remote at the TV sensor and press the “TV” and “OK/SEL” keys simultaneously until the “TV” key turn on. The “TV” key will stay solid for up to 30 seconds. So move to the next step immediately.
- Press the “CH+ OR CH-” keys continuously or hold them on the remote. The remote will send several ON/OFF signals to the device. Release the “CH” key you have pressed to send codes when the TV turns off.
- Turn back on the TV by pressing the “POWER” key on the remote. Test the buttons to control the TV. If the device responds, press the “TV” button to store the code in the Brighthouse remote. The “TV” button flashes twice to confirm the code.
- Your remote is programmed successfully, and you can control the TV using the Brighthouse remote.
Conclusion: These two programming methods are enough to program your remote. Choose a manual method to program the remote within a minute. You can use an auto-code search method if the remote doesn’t connect to the TV or the device code didn’t find. Read all the information carefully before programming the remote and note down the codes. Leave your feedback and doubts in the comment box, and I will try to answer you.