Programming your GE Universal Remote can help you enjoy your DirectTV streaming without juggling multiple remotes. With the ability to control up to four devices, including TVs, sound systems, game consoles, and DVD players, the GE Universal Remote can simplify your life. In this article, we provide programming codes for DirectTV and a step-by-step programming guide to make the process smoother.
What Are The ge universal remote Programming codes for directv
With this easy-to-follow guide, you can set up your DirecTV remote with the corresponding codes listed below. In no time, you’ll be able to control both your audio and video devices with just a single button!
|DirectTV RC73 Remote Codes||GE Universal Remote Codes|
How To Program Directv With GE Remote
Our step-by-step guide will help you quickly and easily program your GE Universal remote for DIRECTV. We’ll guide you through every step, from setting up the mode switch to entering the 5-digit code. Once you’ve finished programming your remote control, you can adjust your TV’s input source and other functions such as volume channel change etc..
- Slide the mode switch at the top of the remote to choose the device you want to control (e.g. DIRECTV, AV1, AV2, or TV).
- If you cannot adjust the TV’s volume, use your remote to program your TV according to these instructions first before changing the input source.
- To program a HD DVR or HD receiver: press MENU > Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote > choose device > follow on-screen steps to complete programming.
- To program a Standard DVR or SD receiver: press MENU > Parental Favs & Setup > System Setup > Remote or Remote Control > Program Remote > choose device > follow on-screen instructions to complete programming.
- After programming your remote, slide mode switch at the top of your remote back to TV and press and hold down MUTE + SELECT buttons until green light flashes twice (this will enter 960 code). Then slide mode switch back to DIRECTV logo. 6 Finally, adjust your TV’s input source by pressing INPUT/SOURCE button on your remote and selecting desired option from menu that appears on screen.
Old Version Directv Remotes
- Hold down the ‘SELECT’ and ‘MUTE’ buttons simultaneously until the light on the remote blinks twice.
- Using the number keys on the remote, enter the code for your TV. Wait for the green light on the remote to blink twice, indicating that the code has been accepted (refer to the code list below for your TV brand).
- Point the remote control to your television and press the ‘PWR’ key. If it does not switch off, use various codes from the list while aiming at your TV until one of them functions correctly.
How To Fix Directv Remote Not Working
- Please confirm that your remote is connected to the appropriate receiver by verifying the label on the back of the remote matches the model number of your receiver. Also, make sure that there are no other remotes in close proximity as they may cause interference with your remote’s signal.
- Check the remote’s batteries. Even if they seem to be working, replace them with new ones. Old batteries won’t last forever and will need to be changed soon.
- Make sure you can clearly see the receiver and Turn off the remote and receiver and turn them back on again. Unplug the receiver from power for 10 seconds, then plug it back in. You can also push the red “Restart” button on the back of your receiver.
- To reset your remote to factory settings, push and hold the Mute and Enter buttons on the remote at the same time. You will know it is working when you see the green light at the top of the remote blink twice. Then your DIRECTV receiver will work with your remote again.
Programming your DirectTV streaming control on your GE Universal Remote is simple process requiring specific codes and steps. By following simple instructions, you can operate all your audio and video devices using one remote. Once you’ve set up a DirectTV remote, explore additional capabilities such as volume and channel adjustments to improve your viewing experience.